Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Books are heavy!

So, I see that Janwyn turned her book post into an advert for Orson Scott Card! =). I'm sure no one is interested in what I thought to pick up...

As some of you know, I've been slogging (the only way to describe it) through Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand for too long now. So, in order to encourage me to finish it before we leave, I bought Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer, who also authored Into the Wild. I liked Into the Wild so I thought that this would give me enough incentive.

I also picked up Undaunted Courage by Strephen Ambrose about Lewis and Clark. Ambrose might be best known for writing Band of Brothers regarding E Company, 506 Regiment in WWII. For those who haven't seen the HBO mini-series, put it on your NetFlix queue! It's a must!

But first, I have to finish 100 pages of Rand. Remember, Who is John Galt and A is A!

No comments: