Monday, February 2, 2009

Updates

Some thoughts and observations for the day...
  • I love living by the beach.
  • 20 minute naps are heavenly.
  • I think I could live with eating less meat.
  • I can't wait for Corey to get his haircut on Thursday.
  • Oil changes are expensive here -- $100 NZ.
  • Congrats to our friend Mercedes who just landed a new job.
  • Congrats to Jenn and Kevin on their new adventures.
  • I miss Yin way too much.
  • I'm currently reading Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold.
  • It's peaceful here in Paekakariki.
  • I was recently introduced to the book, Hungry Planet: What the World Eats. And it is an eye-opening story. View the web gallery here.
  • I love soup....except pumpkin or kumara soup...or any variation of pumpkin and kumara soup.
  • I am sorry I won't be there for my brother's and Xong's hmong wedding celebration on Feb 21st.
  • Looking forward to homemade pizzas tonight!

3 comments:

Alphabet Soup: I'll have another bowl!! said...

YAY for 20 min. naps, I agree!

I heard Lovely Bones is a good book, I have yet to read it myself...you will have to tell me what you think of it when you're finished. Have you read the Secret Life of Bees before? I loved that one myself.

Your blog has been fun to read, thanks for all the updates & cool pictures!!

<3 you both,
Cait

chipinopride said...

I wish you could be there for the wedding too. Now that I have internet again, I'll talk to you soon!

Janwyn said...

I haven't yet read The Secret Life of Bees. But Lovely Bones was a good book. It wasn't very climatic however and the ending didn't seem all that satisfying.